Cobra Honored With CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award
Cobra iRadar S-Series Under-the-Hood Radar Detectors Recognized for Design Excellence
November 12, 2012 --
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR)
- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced it has been recognized by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) as an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree in the In-Vehicle Accessories product category.
- Cobra was honored for its new Cobra iRadar S-Series radar/laser/camera detector. This new version of the Cobra iRadar is the world's first under-the-hood radar detector to utilize a Bluetooth® connection to a smartphone. This state-of-the-art design is ideal for drivers who want the ultimate in radar/laser/camera detection without having to mount the unit on the windshield or dashboard of their vehicle.
- Products entered in this prestigious program are evaluated by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronic products across 29 product categories.
- Cobra Electronics' iRadar S-Series along with all CES Honorees will be displayed in The Venetian at the 2013 International CES, which runs January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 in the South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay.
About the S-Series
- Similar to the Cobra iRadar 200, the iRadar S-Series detector connects to a free companion app that allows users to connect to the iRadar Community -- the largest and most active crowd-sourcing community of smart detection users -- and share valuable information with nearby users regarding live police, camera enforcement locations, dangerous intersections and other caution areas.
- Once installed, the Cobar iRadar S-series detector is completely invisible to those who do not know it is there. It is discreetly installed in the engine compartment of a vehicle with simple installation as it connects via Bluetooth to the Cobra iRadar app.
- The app, utilizing the smartphone's GPS and data connectivity, allows users to report live police, caution areas, and photo enforcement areas to other iRadar users. This iRadar Community allows users to rely on a real-time network to give them superior situational awareness while driving. The app's smooth graphical interface makes the S-Series the most user-friendly detector on the market.
- The system is universally compatible with Android and iOS and the Cobra iRadar Community has over half a million downloads.
About Cobra Electronics
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership.
Copyright @ Marketwire